Men’s Cutting & Short Hair Specialist
- What year did you join salon pop? I joined Salon Pop in 2019.
- Why did you choose to work at salon pop? Honestly, for me, it was the amount of education the salon provided. I had taken a step back from being a full-time stylist to take part in Salon Pop’s associate program and refine my skills. Laurie offered a huge amount of in-house classes as well as an abundant selection of exclusive classes outside of the salon. This is an ever-growing, ever-changing industry and I love constantly learning new things.
- What is your favorite kind of hair to do? If you know me, you know I love my short haircuts. Pixies, men’s cuts, shags, and mullets. Also, anything cut with a straight razor.
- If you could only eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Sushi! Yum
- When you’re not at work how do you choose to spend your time? I am a big movie buff. I love catching up on new shows and true crime documentaries. Aside from being in front of the television, I also love to be anywhere near the ocean or trying new and different foods!
- Name 6 things you can’t live without…My family, black coffee, good music, long drives, and the beach ♥️
- What kind of music do you prefer to listen to? My music taste is all over the place, haha. Mostly classic rock, early 2000s emo, alternative, all kinds of punk, metal, hardcore, anything 80s, and even the blues.
- What (or who) inspires you to do what you do every day? My mother is also a hairstylist. She has always been a huge inspiration, especially when it comes to the industry. It’s awesome having someone so close to talk shop with. We keep each other excited about our business.
- What is your favorite season and why? Give me that hot sunshine! Summer all the way.
- What is your favorite part of being a hairdresser? Connecting with my clients, for sure. I love being able to use my skills and creativity to give someone confidence and look at themselves in a different way. Each person that sits in my chair is beautiful and special and unique and I’m so grateful that I get to be the one to help you see it too!